Saturday, September 29, 2012

Kick Start Challenge

One of the homework assignments in the Kick Start Class is to give yourself a challenge.   For this challenge I've teamed up with another Kick Starter, Debby, for a product challenge.  We've picked two stamps (Stampin' Up! Woodgrain Background and the Reason to Smile set) that we both have and see what we create with them.   She rocks the clean and simple style so I'm anxious to see what she does with these products.
Although I've used the Reason to Smile set several times before, I've never used this particular flower in the set.  It's always fun to try a new product.  I also went a little out of my comfort zone and did a little distressing with ink and tried to add a little vintage feel with some layering of stamps, but I'm not sure how successful that experiment was.


3 comments:

craftyb said...

Fabulous challenge - I'd say you both get an A star! 2 gorgeous cards, both totally different! Love your pretty pp bg and well done on the stamp layering! bx

Debby said...

Hehe, love that we picked the same flower from reason to smile the set! Love your colours and touches of ribbon. Stunning card Cassie :)

Anonymous said...

So totally sweet! I just love these colours!